Pages

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Dear AF: All I Want for Christmas

Dear AF,

I've tried like crazy to think of things I "want" for Christmas this year. I'm at a serious loss for material things to want for, however, and this is where you come in.

You are moving us 18 hours away from our families 2 weeks before Christmas this year. Due to the fact that this timing is separating my husband and I for months while I finish my degree, and the fact that he will be gone from ou rnew base for several months for TDY, we have to live on base. You said you wouldn't put us on the housing list until we had his orders. We got those two weeks ago, called, and you said you wouldn't put us on the list officially until we literally got in the car and left our current state.

You said the house we're supposed to have is on a 2 year wait, so we agreed that the converted JNCO housing would be just fine for us. You said the wait for that would be 0-90 days. USAA said we can't get renters insurance the things we have to bring in our car with us without having an address to where we're going. Which you said we won't have for awhile.

So, all this aside, all I really want for Christmas is a place to live. I will only be with him for a couple days after that and then I have to come back here. Please don't make my husband and I spend our first Christmas as a married couple in a hotel.

Please.

Love,
Meg

1 comment:

Lindsay Gray said...

Ahh the joys of a military move. Sucky.

I hope you get what you want for Christmas!!