Pages

Sunday, November 21, 2010

DIY: Peppermint Stick Cocoa

Last week, I couldn't figure out what I was going to get my grandmas for Christmas. Ever since I can remember, my mom and I have made some awesome ornaments for the families. But, this year I have 3 grandmas in assisted living and 1 who gave me back a box of all the ornaments I ever gave her last year. So, ornaments were a little out of the question.

Instead, I went on a quick DIY search for simple, cute gifts I could do at home. I found Peppermint Stick Cocoa, tweaked the recipe, bought my own $1 plastic air-tight containers, created my own tags and went for it. I'm impressed with how they turned out--I wasn't really expecting much!

This is actually the only thing it looks like I'll be making for Christmas. I have all my Christmas gifts bought and wrapped, and I have directions on how to make some homemade decorations that are awesome, but it's looking like we'll be spending Christmas in a hotel so...I don't think I'll be doing anything else lol.

What do you think?



2 comments:

hmb said...

Cute!!

Lou said...

emotion: ENVY!! they are beautiful!