Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Meg Huxtable

This post is part of Writer's Workshop at Mama Kat's Losin' It!

Prompt: What celebrity Dad would you have picked for yourself as a child?


I would like to start this post by saying that my father is Carl Winslow.


He looks like him, he talks like him, he makes the same faces, and he's has the same mannerisms. Anyone who has met my father and then happens to be watching Family Matters feels the need to inform me that Carl is my dad, but on television. Only plausible difference between my father and Carl Winslow is the fact that my father isn't black. He is, however, Italian and very dark so it could be confusing.

But, let's face it...the last person in the world you want to be your dad growing up is not the person who is exactly like your dad (although, having the money from the show would have been favourable).

No, I wanted Heathcliff Huxtable.



He was funny (hilarious), and a great father, and a doctor, and just a fantastic human being.

I wanted nothing more but to be his kid. Meg Huxtable.

This could have been me:


Damn you, Raven. Damn you.

3 comments:

May said...

Did you see how many others agreed with your choice? There is something to be said for packaging that fatherly advice with a whole lot of humor!

Deia@LoveInTangles said...

Heathcliff was definitely the best dad on tv....and Bob Saget from Full House. Really though, you had to love Dr. Huxtable if for nothing else, the pudding and sweaters! Lol.

KatBouska said...

Carl Winslow!! Hahaha! Man, it's been a long time since I've heard that one! He's not a bad choice either...Bill Cosby sure sets the bar high though doesn't he!??!