Pages

Monday, December 29, 2008

A Day of Celebration

Today is an awesome day for several reasons of amazingness.

Reason #1: End of treatment! I rolled out of bed this morning at 6am, and we left the house at 730 to my to my mom's last cancer treatment ever. Today was the last radiation (which, of course, came after the chemo) and she is officially done with her treatment! YAY! She'll still have the reconstructive surgery in March, but that is not required and technically not part of the treatment, so it doesn't even slightly count. Her hair is growing back in very quickly along with her eyebrows and eyelashes :D I took her out to breakfast and gave her a little gift she continued to tell me I didn't need to do, and it was a great morning of celebration.

Reason #2: It's my birthday! My parents got me a GPS system that they gave me last night, and which was speaking to me in deutsch for most of the night but I have now fixed to at least just be a British accent (more fun than you'd think). I decided I'd take my gift card and treat myself to a new haircut, and did. Don't you just love the feeling of getting your hair cut? Though, I must admit I'm looking forward to washing it--the salon products they put in it do not impress me. In about an hour Big B is taking me out to dinner somewhere. I said "surprise me" and I'm not sure if that was a good idea or not haha. Later I'm going out with my sister for drinks and it's bound to be a wonderful night!

Reason #3: It's Baby B's birthday! That's right! We share a birthday and she turned 1 year old today! We had her birthday party early (you've seen the pictures) so there isn't a big gift unraveling today, but next year we'll probably do it on her birthday--this year it just doesn't make a difference! Happy birthday Bray!

:D

Hope you all have a great New Year's this week!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

That's so great about your mom! I'm so glad to hear the good news.