Pages

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Turkey Meatball Heroes

It is no secret that I love to bake. Cupcakes, cakes, pie, bread...anything horrible for you and completely unnecessary to a meal is right up my alley. But cooking a meal? I don't do that very often. It's probably been 4-5 months since I've "made" a meal (unless you include dialing Marco's Pizza or microwaving things). The problem I have with it is that I don't like doing the same recipe multiple times. The problem I have with using a new recipe every time is that I can't afford to buy extra ingredients that I don't usually keep. But, this week in my Family Circle magazine (shut up, you know you like it too), a particular recipe caught my eye: Turkey Meatball Heroes.

I'm a big fan of anything made with ground turkey instead of ground beef. It's a million times better for you. And, I don't know how it is in your house, but in my house when people know you used turkey instead of beef they dislike whatever you make. But if I keep my turkey substitute a secret then they never know the difference and they love it meanwhile I've made a healthy choice for them. Whiney turds.

I'm not entirely comfortable posting the recipe on here, since it's probably a copyright infringement (aka illegal) but you can probably find it on the site, or you could email me and I could just scan it and email it to you. The ingredients, plus two eggs, are here:


Aside from the meatballs being a bit overdone (I should really know better than to cook them for the length they tell me too, but not-done raw meat freaks me out) and there not being really enough sauce to keep them moist (two teaspoons on each? please, that was BY FAR not enough and I even doubled it)...


...they were actually really good!

And plus, if you put them on a red plate with a golden underplate, it makes them look all special...


And one is definitely enough, but I made a salad to go with it. I ate probably 3/5ths of mine, but that's just me.

Other than that, today is Thursday, and we're hoping to find out about the woah thing.

No comments: