Pages

Monday, November 30, 2009

Confessional Smeshional (Some Part...)

I just realized that it's been forever since I've done one of these. And I feel that the last day of November needs a post...so here goes!

First, though, did you know that November is National Adoption Awareness month? Most of you probably didn't. But you should. And now you do.

Hokay,

-We plan 100% on adopting a child. It was the number one condition that I had in any relationship with anyone. I made sure as I was dating, even before B, that these guys knew it was a priority for me and that if they weren't on board with it then there was no reason in us being together.

-I think bumper stickers are tacky. I don't think window clings are tacky.

-I like facebook better than myspace in large part because I can type "face" with one hand, and then it predicts where I want to go and I never have to use my other hand.

-The only calendars I buy are the $1 desktop calendars from Target. I put them on my bulletin board to keep my work hours straight.

-I just bought a Schwinn bike computer for my bike. It tells basically all the things that a treadmill computer tells you: speed, distance, calories burned, etc. I like to know how far I go, so I never ride anywhere without a "mile" track. Now I can.

-Until this year, I had no idea what the crap "cyber monday" was. Or that the day before Thanksgiving was one of the "biggest party nights of the year." I must have lived under a rock.

-I hate coffee.

-I really don't like online shopping. I want to see something, test it's quality, and THEN make the decision to buy it. Pictures don't really do anything for me.

-The fact that my weekly work hours are unpredictable really gets on my nerves. Just over the past six weeks, they have been (in order): 10, 10, 12, 29, 14, 34. Really. Just pick an extreme.

-I've lately fallen in love with the name "Farrah." With zero relation to Farrah Faucet.

-Today I waited at the window of Gold Star Chili for my chilidog for 5 minutes. I was the only person in the drivethru line, they all knew I was sitting there since every one of them looked at me at one point, and none of them even opened the window and said "just a second." So I left and went to the Wendy's next store. I was through the line and with my food in less than 60 seconds there. I do not feel bad about it.

-I can't wait to make stained glass cookies, peanut butter candy, and a sugarplums this year. But first I'm making deviled eggs, because I missed them on Thanksgiving!

Oh, and this kid? She's freakin' awesome.

1 comment:

Samir said...

Hi my name is Samir Daoud and i am the Retail Sales and Marketing Manager for Gold Star Chili. I am very sorry to hear about your recent unpleasant experience at Gold Star. I would love to hear more about it and or send you a gift card for your inconvenience. Please feel free to contact me at samird@goldstarchili.com or 513-231-4541. Thank you! and Happy Holidays