Pages

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I won 7 out of 256 Games of Solitaire

I've been writing this post for an hour now. Well, let's rephrase that, I've been staring at this screen for an hour now. I don't know what my deal it the last couple days. I want to write something, but I don't know what. So here you go.

First, do you remember when I wrote this post about how we want to be stationed in Georgia because I have family there and my other family visits often? And do you remember a couple posts ago when I nonchalantly mentioned that my uncle died? He was a Geogian, and since he's gone my family is moving, fourteen hours away to the coast. There goes that plan!

This weekend B and I went to my stepmom's family reunion near Cumberland Falls, KY. We drove down Saturday and came back Sunday. My niece and nephew are both very jealous of him because they don't want to share me (aww...sort of) and both called me to tell me different versions of "I don't like him" and "I'm going to beat him up" before we left. However, when we got there Saturday they were both calling him Uncle B without encouragement from anyone, and my niece spent the entire weekend on his lap. This scene was very prominent:


Monday we have a Memorial Day cookout at home with my entire family, which was very nice, and came with a fantastic photo of my eight month old cousin:


Today I got new smocks from work. They actually fit! No more babies getting stuck in the pockets of my 4XL crappy smock! Also discovered that "light" bologna and regular bologna taste exactly the same, and they both freak me out.

Suddenly itching to write something. I don't know what. Something real; personal, not fiction. Haven't written something heart-wrenching for over a year now. And it was a big one, one of those things that just has to come out. I don't think it did much justice, sometimes, and sometimes I feel like editing the piece even though it's my own life and the details can't be changed. Maybe I'll write about how I'm failing the live up to the promise made in that piece. Hmm. Dunno.

But I do know I am leaving with the weekend to a non-internet, non-phone service, fantastic place for the first time this summer and I am thoroughly excited!!

And I am getting my best friend back for the entire summer in two weeks!


1 comment:

Jenny said...

I hate that feeling of wanting to write, of needing to write and not being able to. (I play countless games of minesweeper when I'm stuck there...:)