Pages

Monday, January 19, 2009

Hey, You Other Countries!

As some of you may have noticed, I added a counter and feedjit to my page because I thought it would be fun to see where you all were coming from to visit. Imagine my surprise when my first 20ish visits were from places I had never/scarcely heard of. Tucuman, Antioquia, Wien, Cataluna, Castilla y Leon, Ribe, Stoke-on-Trent, Kalmar Lan, etc. etc. So, my question to you is, who are you awesome people from other countries? Because I'd love to get to know you :)

---

The Weekend "Duh" moment:
Don't assume you can run in a straight line on a treadmill without looking. I did, so I closed my eyes, and paid for it about ten seconds later as I went flying into the cement wall behind me. I was booking it, going a good 7.5-8mph, and for the record, it hurt. A lot. And still does. But, a few minutes later I was laughing. A lot.

---

Wedding Upcap:

We've decided (well, I decided and told him that this is what we're doing and he seemed to agree) that we are going to wait a extra year before we have the actual wedding. We will still do the engagement this year and start planning it and everything, but with us living together this year and our combined salaries being less than a homeless person typically makes, we'd have nothing to put towards a wedding next year. It might not be a full two years that we wait, but it won't be next spring. It just depends. Once he's commissioned, we'll be fine. But, until then, it'll be rough. I'm kind of disappointed because it seems so far away, but it was my decision and I think it's the right one so we'll live with it.

I'm not one of those girls who's had their wedding planned since they were 10. As I've said before, I was really never positive I'd even get married, so all this is a whole new game for me. We will be getting married in his Catholic church, which I've decided is fine for me to sacrifice because at least the pictures will be gorgeous, and that's pretty much as far as we've gotten. The only thing I do know, is the type of dress I want. My sister's friend got married last year (and I babysat 9 children in a hotel room that night.......I do not recommend that. It's not worth the money. Trust me) and her dress was utterly gorgeous. I emailed her last week and she sent me 9823928 bits of information about it and everything else that I couldn't possibly thank her enough for, and I thought I'd throw one of the pictures she sent in here. I don't want this exact dress, of course, but something similar. And even then, I could try it on and it could look absolutely horrible on me, but so far this is kind of what I have my eye on. (You can also find her in the July 2008 issue of Redbook, she's just that awesome!)



The picture doesn't really do it justice. It's gorgeous. All beaded and amazing. It is not pure white, and that's fine with me. (Click on the picture to see it fullsize). What do you think?

No comments: