Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Honest Scrap!

I guess I figured it was about time I do this...so...here goes.



Here are the rules:

The rules:
(^Class of Redundancy Class Much?)

1. Chose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design.

2. Show the 7 winners names and links on your blog, and leave them a comment informing them they were prized with "Honest Scrap." Well, there's no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.

3. List at least 10 honest things about yourself.

So my 10 things.

1. I believe that my life will be complete when they finally release all the seasons of Boy Meets World on DVD.

2. I have more hats than I care to count and I love them, but I rarely wear them because I get obnoxious hat hair and then it bothers me for the rest of the day. The only exception to this rule is the cowboy hat, but I do not live in a cowcity, so I refuse to take part in this non-trend.

3. I'm a relentless planner. I love having things planned. I'm very spontaneous on short-term things (for example, the plane ticket I purchased on a whim to New England yesterday), but for long-term things...I need a plan, or I go nuts. It's sad, but true.

4. I'm a religious hypocrite. I'm not religious in the least, but that does not mean that I don't think other people should be. I almost admire people who are for having the kind of faith they do, and I will raise my children as Christians. I was all church-y once for a year or two in high school, and I mean church-3-days-a-week church-y, but I was never so happy as I was when I figured out it meant nothing to me. I'm more of a you-are-a-product-of-yourself-and-your-thoughts kind of person.

5. I like a lot of old music and music that most people have never heard of, and for that reason I tend not to keep CD's in my truck so the people who ride with me aren't bored to death. Radio, it is!

6. I read Parenting and Family Circle magazines. My sister subscribes to them, but never reads them, therefore I get them. But Family Circle has some great, easy-to-make dessert recipes in it, and I'm always fascinated by some of the Parenting magazine articles.

7. I am not one of those "one blog fits all" people, and I have 5 of them. This one, myspace, livejournal, one of my own on a writing site and one that is co-authored on the same site. However, this is the only one I post on regularly, and all 5 serve a different purpose.

8. I do not, in fact, live in High Point, Alabama like my Feedjit location says I do. I'd much prefer it, as they did not have 12" of snow in the last two days, but unfortunately it is not true.

9. The ratio of books-I-own-that-I've-read to books-I-own-that-I-have-not-read is slowly evening out thanks to Uni killing my want for extracurricular reading.

10. One of my biggest pet-peeves is bad spelling and grammar. I try my hardest not to correct B on his, because history is more his subject, but it does my head in. His tendency to use "board" when he really means "bored" is enough to drive me crazy sometimes!

I'm not tagging anyone because this has been done by almost everyone and I can't remember who anymore. If you haven't done it, consider yourself tagged!

2 comments:

Lindsay Gray said...

I have a similar belief that my life will be complete when they release every episode of "The Nanny" in one collection. Or in multiple collections, I don't really care. I just love that show!

Bekah said...

Ha <3

(wait, co-authed blog? Snooping time!)

And yes, BMW needs DVD. Now, preferably. Then I can watch them.

OH! And ticket where now? Not to the warm? I'm insulted!