Pages

Monday, April 13, 2009

Dear Friends,

I apologize for myself. I am a sucky friend.

I'm sorry that you call me, and I never call you back.

I'm sorry that sometimes you call me and I can answer, but I don't because I feel bad turning you down for plans.

I'm sorry that you forward me all those cute little texts that say stuff like "the person reading this is fabulous" and "I'll stick with you until the very end" and I never say anything back, nor text-it-forward.

I'm sorry that, despite the fact that most of you live within ten miles of me, I haven't seen 99% of you since Christmas...but I'll fly all the way to Maine to see Jayna.

I'm sorry that the only time we discuss things is when one of us is getting married, having a baby or something goes terribly wrong.

I'm sorry that I've neglected msn, AIM, facebook chat, letter-writing, and emails...for a very long time now.

And I'm very sorry that only three of you have the address to this blog, so you'll never see this...and even more sorry that I don't plan on changing that anytime soon.

Love,
Via

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I need to cut and paste this in an-email to my own long suffering friends. I love them, I do. I love the fact that the friendships are from childhood or highschool. I just rarely want to connect.
Glad I'm not the only one!

Bekah said...

<3

Shanni ♥ said...

Wow.. so so true! I really enjoyed reading your blogs, I'm new to this, so I'm just browsing around =)