Pages

Monday, April 6, 2009

My Maine Squeeze

Maine was absolutely gorgeous and amazing. Spent some awesome time with my best friend, who I haven't seen since Christmas, and figured out that it is possible for two people to sleep in a twin bed, and went gallivanting around town, on beaches, and on a bar that only exists at low-tide. I kept up with the reading of your blogs, but was pretty much a commenting-failure and I apologize...but I'm back!

The disappearing bar:


The ocean, a beach with the original name of "Sand Beach":


Acadia National Park:


On the cliff at Thunderhole in Acadia:


Sunrise over the ocean:


But on Friday, the great Day o' Rain, we just hung around:

...bad pun, I know.

On Friday morning, though, at a nice bright and sunny hour of 8am, Lauren and I (a friend of the bestie's, the one on the right in the above picture) went to a class for Capoeira. Unless you live on the West coast, it is very unlikely that you have any idea what I'm talking about. Capoeira is basically a form of dance fighting. It's usually two people going at it (like you see at the 1:00 mark on the below video)--it's more a game than a fight, but it's a form of martial arts. This gives you an idea:


And seeing as how my total of miles run this year is maybe 10, and by run I definitely mean it was about 50/50 run/walk for each mile, my ass hurt like you would not believe the next day. Lauren woke up and immediately asked me how my butt felt...I felt better knowing I wasn't the only one in pain haha. The back of my legs actually still hurt today, and that's so...so very sad. I did capoeira for a couple days in high school during a 2 week, 7 hour a day martial arts study, but no one around here teaches it--it's 99% west coast.

I'll do an actual update tomorrow or Wednesday :) But had to dish on my adventure first!

2 comments:

hmb said...

Maine looks beautimous!! Me wants to go :(
PS--I'm still sticking with "not pregnant"!!!

Jenny said...

I love Arcadia park! My family used to go there many summers for vacation.